Monday, December 19, 2011

No Sew Ruffle Tree Skirt DIY

Now that my internship and finals are finally over, a little catching up is in order. I saw this cute tree skirt on Pinterest a while back and I just had to make it.
I really wanted a gold tree skirt, but when we went to Joann's and found out the fabric would cost us more than $30 (even with the 40% off coupons), I almost decided not to bother. Good thing we stopped at D.I. to look around because we found this great shimmery gold bed sheet for $2!
I got another bed sheet for $1 to make the base. (wow, what a mess...)
All I needed for the project was a hot glue gun and a pair of scissors. Tiff came over to help and we cut the gold material into long 3-inch strips. She applied the hot glue while I ruffled and glued it down. It took a while, but I love how it turned out. All for $3 too!


1 comment:

  1. Super cute and it looks way easy! I'm going to have to remember this for next year--maybe we'll get a real tree

    ReplyDelete