Sunday, December 4, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

November 24, 2011 marks the date of the first Thanksgiving we spent together as a married couple. It was a day, or week rather, full of eating and fun! We started off the morning by sleeping in, which we haven't been able to do for what seems like a long while. Then we went to the BYU International Thanksgiving Luncheon with Tiffany and her friend Lauren. I know I'm not international, but my wife is, and I couldn't let her eat a Thanksgiving lunch without me could I? Nope! After a nice filling meal, we all came home to our place to play Ticket to Ride, which by the way I won :) Then we went to the dollar theater to watch Contagion. It was a really cool and realistic movie about what would happen if the world were hit with a disease that there was no cure for yet. It made us very conscious about washing our hands and watching what we touched. After the movie we went to a Thanksgiving dinner at Cranky Chucky's, a newly opened restaurant in Provo. The owner is in the same major as Sharon, and in order to promote his restaurant invited all in the major to come and enjoy a free meal. The food was EXCELLENT and the atmosphere was fun. To close off the evening, we stayed up late and played Super Mario 64, which got so intense that our neighbor had to come and ask us to quiet down. Sorry.

Unfortunately, we didn't take any pictures from today, not even the food! But I wanted to take time to say Thank You; Thank You to my dear wife Sharon. I love you so much and I am so grateful to have you in my life. Thank you for all that you are and do. You have made this holiday season as well as every day of my life really special. We'd also like to give thanks to all our family and friends who bring a lot of joy in to our lives. And most importantly, to our Father in Heaven and our Savior Jesus Christ who watch over us and who give so lovingly for our eternal happiness. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment