Friday, July 15, 2011

Friendly Neighbors

You know how in movies, the newcomers are always welcomed by their neighbors with a basket or plate of cookies and treats?Well, Robby and I were just having a dicussion about how this never really happens in real life...when lo & behold, the neighbors showed up on my doorsteps the next day with these:I've been living in the apartment for 3 months now (and so have they), but I've been so busy that I've never went out of my way to meet them even though their door is only 3 feet away. So, naturally feeling a little bad, I decided to return their plate with a few butterbeer cupcakes that I've been dying to make. The cupcakes turned out delicious, but it was definitely lacking quite a bit in the asthetics department. It's kinda so bad, I don't want to post a picture...but I know Robby's going to tell me "they're not bad!" and make me post a picture.
See? I told you they were ugly. We didn't have the right nozzle for the frosting, so we had to make do with what we had. At least they tasted good. Hopefully the neighbors shared the same opinion...!

P.S. You can find the recipe for the butterbeer cupcakes here.

2 comments:

  1. We may or may not have overheard your conversation through these thin walls and brought those cookies over.... totally kidding.

    Those cupcakes were delicious! I almost didn't share them with Riley. Please don't think I'm creepy for reading your blog.... because really I should be doing homework.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahah im so embarrassed you read this! YOUR cookies were delicious!

    We'll have you guys over for dinner after I get back from my trip next week. Sound good? (:

    ReplyDelete