Friday, April 20, 2012

"Oh, the Places You'll Go!"

"Today is your day.
You're off to Great Places!
You're off and away!"

You have brains in your head.
You have feet in your shoes.
"You can steer yourself any
direction you choose."
Dr. Seuss

This day is finally here. No more late nights writing single-spaced papers. No more parking in Y-lots and walking MILES to get to class. No more classes. And believe it or not, I'm going to miss it.

My family came from Taiwan and Hawaii to watch me graduate. I could not possibly ask for better people in my life.
Dallin H. Oaks spoke at Commencement about the influence being a BYU graduate should have on us.
“The mark you receive as a BYU graduate is neither involuntary nor self-imposed. A mark can and should be a reminder of our relationship to those who put the mark upon us and also of the responsibilities we have assumed as a result of the certifications they give us.”
My mother-in-law took us out to La Casita for dinner that night. I love when family is in town!

No comments:

Post a Comment