Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Vancouver: Day 4

On our last day, we met up with my cousin at yummy Pajos in Steveston. Some of the best fish and chips ever.
Enjoyed a little walk around Steveston and the set of Once Upon a Time!
Granny's Diner
The day turned out to be a good one for reminiscing. I took Robby to each of the three houses that I called home while growing up in Richmond. The drive by brought back such lovely memories and I found myself wondering who lives there now and what their lives are like.

Our first home (1995) with my grandparents on Evancio Crescent:
My mom, sisters, and I moved into this charming house on Thomas Drive a few years later. This was the house we lived in for the majority of my childhood years.
After my grandfather passed away, my grandmother sold their house and we sold ours to buy this beauty on Sheridan. Lived here throughout high school. Not sure what the adults were thinking, but this monster had six bedrooms and SEVEN bathrooms. Did I mention there were only five of us living there?
Dinner at Bubble World, our go-to restaurant, with some of my high school friends.
Right after Bubble World, we went to Pearl Castle (only in Richmond) to meet up with Elaine and Kevin. It was so great to see Elaine and to meet Kevin for the first time. Too bad Faye and Nathan were too busy traveling the world. Maybe someday in the near future, we'll all get to be together at the same place at the same time!
The next morning, we were lucky to be able to meet up briefly with my grandpa's brother (grand-uncle?) at Richmond Centre before jetting off to Hawaii. What a great trip! We'll definitely be back.

1 comment:

  1. I've been to that last house! That was the first time I met you guys. I thought it was awesome that everyone had their own bathroom.

    ReplyDelete